Massage Therapy/Sports Massage
At USA Health and Therapy, we have a licensed massage therapist who performs a therapeutic massage or chiropractic massage. He works in conjunction with Dr. Singer to select the type of massage to be delivered and what areas of the body need to be targeted. During a therapeutic massage, the soft tissues and muscles of the body are manually manipulated. There are a wide variety of chiropractic massages depending if the purpose is to restore, relax or prevent injury versus treating an already injured muscle or joint. Chiropractic massages have many advantages including:
- Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being by releasing endorphins, the body’s natural pain killer.
- Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
- Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Massage prevents and relieves muscles, cramps and spasms.
- Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, migraines, fibromyalgia, depression and muscle spasms.
- Massage can lower blood pressure and reduce anxiety.
Athletes often overextend themselves physically and mentally in pursuit of their sport. Good nutrition, training, mental preparation and dealing with sports injuries are just a few of the challenges that every athlete faces. At his chiropractic clinic in Oakland Park, FL, Dr. Singer offers not only the best in standard chiropractic care but also the best in sports chiropractic care.
A sports massage is a specialized type of massage therapy that is designed to optimize athletic performance, lessen recovery time, increase flexibility, and prevent a sports injuries. The massage can be performed before an athletic event to stimulate blood flow, prevent injury and strain, and warm up muscles. A sports massage can also be conducted after an athletic activity to reduce the amount of recovery time that the body needs and lessen the possibility of cramping. For athletes that have sustained a sports injury, a massage focuses on the injury to relieve pain, reduce swelling and cut down on healing time. A sports massage can include a variety of techniques, such as pressure-point manipulation, moving the joints and stretching the muscles, water or ice massage, and the application of heat or friction.
The licensed massage therapists at USA Health and Therapy work in conjunction with Dr. Singer to determine if a sports massage should be part of your chiropractic are, in addition to other chiropractic treatments for sports injuries.
A sports massage is a type of chiropractic massage, but there are some benefits tied directly to athletes:
- Improves athletic performance, endurance and mental focus
- Reduces injury recovery time and prevents injuries
- Improves circulation while removing lactic acid and buildup and cellular waste
Having a therapeutic massage does more than just relax your body and mind – there are specific physiological and psychological changes which occur that are beneficial to well being. Stop by or call Dr. Craig Singer of USA Health and Therapy in Oakland Park to schedule an appointment and discuss the range of chiropractic treatments offered.