X-rays are not done as a routine chiropractic office procedure at USA Health and Therapy. Generally, Dr. Singer uses x-rays only when there are “œred flags” indicating possible fractures, bone disease, disc herniation or some other serious problems. Whether or not an x-ray is necessary will depend on the case information obtained from you and the results of the chiropractic examination. If you have had recent x-rays taken prior to your visit to our metro Fort Lauderdale chiropractic clinic, please bring them with you.
X-rays do help to show your bones and joints along with the related soft tissues such as muscle or fat. The various normal and abnormal curves of the spine can be seen as well as the severity of changes in joints. There are instances where x-rays
As a general guideline, X-rays are necessary in the following cases:
- If the patient has sustained a significant traumatic injury at any age
- If the patient has experienced any type of trauma (even a minor one) if over age 50
- For most patients over 70 years of age, especially if the patient’s history and examination suggests a possible bone disease (such as arthritis)
- If the patient has had long-standing pain that has not responded or resolved with previous chiropractic health care.
- USA Health and Therapy uses x-ray equipment that is inspected regularly and meets the standards of the national radiation protection board. Additionally, a special type of x-ray film is used that dramatically reduces the radiation dose to you. The radiation dose to patients in the 21st century is a fraction of what it was only a few decades ago. The slight risks of radiation exposure are always compared to the potential benefit that will arise from the information Dr. Singer receives from your films. For example, in patients with a likely fracture or infection, the information from the x-rays is vital to determining the appropriate
Know that x-rays are only used by USA Health & Therapy when necessary.
Stop by or call Dr. Singer at USA Health and Therapy in Oakland Park to schedule an appointment today. Regular chiropractic treatments can promote health, healing, wellness and well-being.